Accessibility statement from Inclusive-IT
This statement refers to the content of the “BARRIER-FREE” website, published on the domain https://bf.in.ua/. This does not apply to the content on subdomains.
This website has been designed and tested for easy usage by as many people of all ages and health conditions as possible. The text is clear and simple. The user can:
- easily zoom in or zoom out from 50% to 200%
- navigate the website using only the keyboard
- navigate the website using the speech recognition program
- use the website with the screen reader (including the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
How accessible this website is
This website generally complies with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1., level AA (see below the exceptions).
It is also worth noting that some automatic testing tools indicate problem areas, namely, possible contrast violations, although there are none. It can also be ambiguous to use a cross or a tick in the “Test” section – as an addition to color identification.
Given that the levels A and AA are not the highest levels of accessibility, certain practices that belong to the level AAA of the standard are not taken into account. Therefore, you may find some accessibility errors that comply with WCAG 2.1 level AAA or web accessibility best practices.
How we tested this website
We used the recommendations regarding accessibility of web content under the international norms of accessibility of Level A and Level AA (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1)) to check how accessible the “Barrier-Free” website is.
At the stage of technical specifications development, clear recommendations were provided for the creation of the accessible website.
During the creation of the layout and design, there was a constant check and correction of the errors found (through direct comments with the designer).
In the process of programming and filling, all elements and all pages of the site were tested.
Testing was conducted manually. Visual and non-visual testing (a blind tester with the screen reader), joint testing and testing with automatic applications (axe DevTools – Web Accessibility Testing, IBM Equal Access Accessibility Checker) were done.
The principles and methods of testing were taken from the checklist from Deque University.
The check was carried out on the following platforms: Windows 10 – Firefox, Chrome, Edge, e-book and mobile version Android 8, 10 – Firefox, Chrome, Safari+VoiceOver, Chrome+VoiceOver, Chrome+NVDA, chrome+.Jaws, FireFox+NVDA.
Details concerning exceptions
The following content is unavailable for the following reasons:
- Some interactive elements are hidden for users of assistive devices (share pictures or articles) due to the actual impossibility of using them. This means that assistive technologies will not read this element and will not know about its existence. This does not meet Success Criterion of WCAG 4.1.2 (Name, Role, Value), WCAG 1.3.1 (Information and Relationship).
- Stock photos are decorative as intended by the customer, which may make them inaccessible to the users of assistive technologies. The information depicted on the photos is not decisive for understanding the content, but creates a general environment. This does not meet Success Criterion of WCAG 1.1.1 (non-text content).
- “Share” icons/links in social networks or in the calendar do not have the text description due to the use of external services. This does not meet Success Criterion of WCAG 1.1.1 (non-text content).
Reviews and contact information
You can leave your feedback or complaints to the “Inclusive-It” company – email@example.com.
Our website https://inclusive-it.com.ua/
If you find issues that aren’t listed on this page, or feel that we don’t meet accessibility requirements, please contact us.